The Singapore Story
Reflection
After reading The Singapore story, I have learnt more about the history of Singapore and have realised how fortunate we were to be born at a time when we would not have to go through what Mr Lee Kuan Yew has gone through- The Japanese Occupation. Secondly, I feel that the games children played in the past were more stimulating as compared to the present. In the past, they played with fighting kites, tops and even marbles. In the present, children tend to play computer games or video game. It is perturbing as it does not involve exercising.
Another point that I think we should learn is the attitude of Mr Lee. Mr Lee is a hardworking person. For example, even during the Japanese Occupation, he took the effort to go to the second-hand bookshops in Bras Basah Road that specialized in school textbooks.
Lastly, I feel that we should treasure everything we have now and not to take things for granted. In the past, meat was a luxury. However, nowadays, we are able to consume meats more often. Therefore, we have got to treasure this advantage as some less developed countries in the world are still facing shortage of food, let alone, having meat for meals.
After reading The Singapore story, I have learnt more about the history of Singapore and have realised how fortunate we were to be born at a time when we would not have to go through what Mr Lee Kuan Yew has gone through- The Japanese Occupation. Secondly, I feel that the games children played in the past were more stimulating as compared to the present. In the past, they played with fighting kites, tops and even marbles. In the present, children tend to play computer games or video game. It is perturbing as it does not involve exercising.
Another point that I think we should learn is the attitude of Mr Lee. Mr Lee is a hardworking person. For example, even during the Japanese Occupation, he took the effort to go to the second-hand bookshops in Bras Basah Road that specialized in school textbooks.
Lastly, I feel that we should treasure everything we have now and not to take things for granted. In the past, meat was a luxury. However, nowadays, we are able to consume meats more often. Therefore, we have got to treasure this advantage as some less developed countries in the world are still facing shortage of food, let alone, having meat for meals.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home